Refereed journal articles
- Kawka, M., & Larkin, K. (2018). The Arithmomania Maths App: The glitch that corrupted learning to leave only fun. Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Kawka, M. (2018). Multiple Selves, Multiple Voices, Multiple Genres: Reflections in writing and artmaking. Reflective Practice, 19(2), 264-277
- Kawka, M., & Larkin, K. (2017). Classtrophobia: the student as troll in student course evaluations [an a/r/tographical video rendering]. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 32(2), 84-107
- Kawka, M., & Nieddu, M. (2015). Transgressive Play: Contiguity and Excess in the creation of an a/r/tographical text. Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy, 12(1), 98-130
- Kawka, M. (2013). Abstracting children: rendering a digital art/research/text. Multi-Disciplinary Research in the Arts.Special issue: A/r/tography, 3 (1), 1-24
- Kawka, M., Larkin, K. & Danaher, P. (2012). Creating Flickr Photo-Narratives with First-Year Teacher Education Students: The Possibilities and Pitfalls of Designing Emergent Learning Tasks. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 37(11), 1–23.
- Kawka, M., Larkin, K. & Danaher, P. (2011). Emergent learning and interactive media artworks: Parameters of interaction for novice groups.The International Review of Research of Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL).
- Kawka, M. & Larkin, K. (2011). Wrestling and Wrangling with a Worrisome Wiki: An Account of Pedagogical Change in the use of a Web 2.0 technology in a First Year Education Course. Studies in Learning, Education, Innovation and Development, 8(1), 38–48.
- Larkin, K., Kawka, M., Danaher, P., Noble, K., Van Rensburg, H. & Brodie, L. (Eds). (2015). Empowering Educators: Proven Principles and Successful Strategies. Palgrave Publishing, United Kingdom
- Larkin, K., Kawka, M., Noble, D., Van Rensburg, H., and Brodie, L., and Danaher, P. (2015). Empowering Educators: Promoting Enabling Teaching and Learning in Research and Practice. In K. Larkin, M. Kawka, P. Danaher, K. Noble, H. Van Rensburg & L. Brodie (Eds) Empowering Educators: Proven Principles and Successful Strategies. Palgrave Publishing, United Kingdom
- Kawka, M. (2011). Teacher as Artist / Artist as Teacher. In C.J. Klopper, & S. Garvis (Ed.), Tapping into the classroom practice of the Arts: from the inside out. Brisbane: Post Pressed.
- Kawka, M. (November, 2014). Classtrophobia. Conference Paper presented at the World Alliance for Arts Education Global Summit (Transform: From Inception to Innovation in Arts Education), Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (July, 2014). Transgender and Transpecies Renderings: The change that is permanently needed. Conference Paper presented at the 34th World Congress of the International Society for Education through Art (InSEA 2014), Melbourne.
- Kawka, M. (July, 2008). Being-With: Transforming Worlds with the Young. Paper presented at the Arts Intersection Symposium: Arts, disability, happiness, and well-being. Griffith University Research Centre for Clinical and Community Practice Innovation.
- Kawka, M. (2007). Inter-modal translation: New ways forward for art education. Paper presented at the Queensland Art Teachers Association Re.Vision. Conference, QUT, Brisbane, Australia.
- Kawka, M. (2006). Interactive Learning Environments: Integrating netArt and Educational Methodologies within a Multiliterate Framework. Paper presented at the Educational Research, who needs it?: RHD conference, Griffith University, Gold Coast.
- Kawka, M. (2006). Creative arts pedagogies for digital environments. Paper presented at the Collaborations/Cross-Disciplines/Strange Bedfellows: Staff Conference, QCA, Brisbane.
- Kawka, M. (2005) Artist Inquiry: methodology for the integration of visual arts practice and educational research. Paper presented at the World and Self: Unifying Knowledge Symposium, QCA, Brisbane.
- Kawka, M., & Nieddu, M. (September, 2015). Transgressiphoria, The Hold Artspace, Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (2008). 73 SFOD/123 Neomorphs, Galleria, QCA, Brisbane.
- Kawka, M. (2007). The SFOD Universe, Galleria, QCA, Brisbane.
- Kawka, M. (2001). GUT gEXZ of the sfod. In Fresh Cut, Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane http://www.artlink.com.au/articles.cfm?id=2384
- Kawka, M. (2001). MAAP Festival (Excess). Brisbane Powerhouse
- Kawka, M. (2001). Launch. QCA Gallery, Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (2001). Exhibition Seven: sfodamong to do list. In Promise. Metro Gallery, Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (2001). Update. White Box, Gold Coast
- Kawka, M. (2001). autonoms.htm (Winner). In Artistcare Student Drawing Prize Exhibition. QCA Gallery, Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (2000). At the Edge of a DGS, Arts Centre, Gold Coast
- Kawka, M. (2000). sfod 73. In Vertical Hold. Arts Centre, Gold Coast
- Kawka, M. (2000). Update. QCA Gallery, Brisbane
- Kawka, M. (1999). Fresh Produce. Queensland Art Society Gallery, Gold Coast
- Kawka, M. (1999). Entrapment of Line Drawing in Four Dimensions. In Artistcare Student Drawing Prize Exhibition. QCA Gallery, Brisbane
Recorded/Rendered Creative Works
- Kawka, M. (2016-2017). The Doppel Files: http://sfod73.net/doppel/Doppel_files.htm
- Kawka, M. (2015). Trigger in Transgressiphoria (The Garden): https://flic.kr/s/aHskmwBQxv
- Kawka, M. (2015).Trigger Underworld Level B: https://flic.kr/s/aHskfPJxAX
- Kawka, M. (2015). Trigger Ghost Gendarme: The Tower: https://flic.kr/s/aHskfMWQjF
- Kawka, M. (2015). Trigger Training: Woman that is born of a woman: https://flic.kr/s/aHskfEuqVz
- Kawka, M. (2015). Trigger Underworld: https://flic.kr/s/aHskfJLQfV
- Kawka, M. (2015). Trigger (Ghost Soldat): https://flic.kr/s/aHskaHkTt2
- Kawka, M. (2015). Polyphony = Trigger’s Girl: https://flic.kr/s/aHskaGzvVG
- Kawka, M. (2015). Post-Apoco Character Test: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8q1reA
- Kawka, M. (2014). transgressiphoria: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYb6Vr6
- Kawka, M. (2014) Classtrophobia Phase 1. http://vimeo.com/sfod73
- Kawka, M. (2013) Classtrophobia Onset: http://www.sfod73.net/classtrophobia/classtrophobia.htm
- Kawka, M. (2013). androny-verse game game game (Devia world):http://www.sfod73.net/androny/androny_verse_game_game_game.htm
- Kawka, M. (2013) Droga to Przedszkola: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjParT8e
- Kawka, M. (2013) Droga to Szkoly: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjPanwA8
- Kawka, M. (2012) androny identity experiments:http://www.sfod73.net/androny/androny_identity_experiments.htm
- Kawka, M. (2012) androny identities: http://www.sfod73.net/androny/androny_identities.htm
- Kawka, M. (2011) androny-offering-creator: http://www.sfod73.net/androny/androny_offering_creator.htm